Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Samsung Galaxy Player: An iPod Touch Alternative


I found another review floating around for the Samsung Galaxy Player that seems to be a bit more complimentary & unbiased (?) than the review link I posted on here yesterday.
Again, I have personally taken this device for a spin or two & I really dig it, despite being a Sammy (don't care for Samsung). It's very fast, light, speaker is fairly loud (no problem hearing inside busy, crowded Best Buy), good video, & best of all- it has an earpiece, unlike the iPod Touch (4th Generation).
This, in my honest unbiased opinion is slightly better than the iPod Touch for the simple fact that it was faster, has the built in earpiece, & has a larger screen.

My daughter has an iPod Touch & I've noticed that it lags quite a bit. I didn't run into this issue with the Galaxy Player. Also, most will love the larger screen for web browsing & video. Fast & responsive. But, what I believe could be the best feature of all of these is the earpiece for phone calls. No, it's not a phone by default, however, one can easily configure this device to be one, unlike the iPod Touch which does not have an earpiece, so one must insert the earphones to hear or put it in speakerphone mode.
Since the Galaxy Player runs on Android, it has Google Voice & Talk preinstalled. Just go here & set up a FREE Google Voice account. You can choose your own Google Voice number & as a parent myself, I have to say that it's a parent's paradise as far as implementing controls & security.
I hope this helps. Christmas is right around the corner & I know alot of teens & tweens will be bucking for something like this.
As I stated in my previous review, this is a great iPod Touch alternative that gives users the added benefit of being used as a phone with ability to send/receive calls & text, without having to add a line to your current mobile phone account ($10 extra/mo!)


Video review via booredatwork



No comments:

Post a Comment