Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Upcoming Devices and What I Want (Need...)

    This is the time of year when the tech world becomes a prism of ideas, rumors, speculation, wishes, & demands. The heavyweights of the world- your Apples, Googles, etc. - all converge numerous times in convention centers around the globe to launch or announce their newest, baddest, most glorious devices & innovations to the mass public. This is the season I enjoy most=)
    Google i|o was a great day for Android purists as Google announced the Nexus 7 & Nexus Q.  The 7 has taken off & doing really well. It could possibly be the best selling Android tablet on the market. I was reluctant about grabbing the N7 at first, because I've seen & used several other Android tablets over the last couple of years & figured this would be no different.  Why buck for another tablet that would be more of the same. As it turns out, I was very surprised & more than pleased with the performance so I got one. I've hardly put it down...  The Q hasn't done nearly as well, mainly due to Google's pulling it from the Google Play Store to "enhance" it.
    Motorola announced, today, that it was releasing 3 new RAZR models on Verizon. I'm sure they're gonna be really good but my question is why are they making all the new models look so similar?  Even the new Atrix HD looks like a RAZR?!  I'm not sure if this is to distance itself from Apple's trigger-happiness or they just really, really like the top-heavy design.  I'm on the fence...
    Apple should be having their lil get-together pretty soon, as well.  From what I gather, they're giving their faithful some things Android users have been enjoying for awhile, now.
    Personally, I'm holding out for a new Nexus phone.  This is going to be a bit interesting this time, as there will be 3 dropping this time, rather than only 1, as usual.  3 different manufacturers. I'm giddy=)

So what device(s) have caught your eye so far? 


No comments:

Post a Comment