Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Lenovo ditches Windows for Chrome OS

Guys, this is huge news.
For the first time in ages, the prospect of Windows not being the main, go-to OS for business use is becoming a reality.
I'm ecstatic about this because I've personally used Chrome and ChromeOS. I've seen the potential it has. Matter of fact; at my previous job, I routinely locked horns with the IT Administrator there, as we differed in or opinions about Windows vs Linux (Chrome OS).

One of the debates that come to mind was about me getting caught using Chrome as my browser in my office. We weren't allowed to use anything but IE (Internet Explorer). Firefox wasn't even allowed. He had been apparently tracking my computer use & came by one day to bust me. I remember him telling me that "our company runs Microsoft products exclusively & IE is the only browser permitted on these PCs from a safety & security standpoint."

My question to him was "...so you chose to go with the least secure system & browser available?!"

We didn't always argue. In fact, we got along pretty well because at our cores, we were both tech nerds:) However, I was never able to convince him that Chrome OS was the real deal... While I was there;-)

Read the full article here.

1 comment:

  1. It's utterly amazing just how much Google's products displace popular products that had dominance before them. They're *that* good and innovative.

    ReplyDelete